This website collects some personal data from its users.
Owner & Data Controller
stevenorechow.me – Calgary, Alberta
Types of Data Collected
Personal data may be freely provided by the user, or, in case of usage data, collected automatically when using this website.
Mode and place of processing the data
Methods of processing
The owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the data.
The data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of stevenorechow.me (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as data processors by the owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the owner at any time.
Legal basis of processing
The owner may process personal data relating to users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations the Owner may be allowed to process personal data until the user objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of personal data is subject to European data protection law;
- Provision of data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the user and/or for any precontractual obligations thereof.
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the owner is subject;
- Processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the owner.
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the owner or by a third party.
In any case, the owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The data is processed at the owner’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.Depending on the user’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the user’s data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred data, users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the owner to safeguard their data.If any such transfer takes place, users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the Owner using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal data collected for the purposes of the owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the owner.
The owner may be allowed to retain personal data for a longer period whenever the user has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the owner may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.Once the retention period expires, personal data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right of access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The purposes of processing
The data concerning the user is collected to allow the owner to provide its service, comply with its legal obligations, respond to enforcement requests, protect its rights and interests (or those of its users or third parties), detect any malicious or fraudulent activity, as well as the following: Tag Management, Analytics and Traffic optimization and distribution.
For specific information about the personal data used for each purpose, the user may refer to the section “Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data”.
Detailed information on the processing of personal data
Personal data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
The services contained in this section enable the owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior.
Google Analytics 4 (Google LLC)
Google Analytics 4 is a web analysis service provided by Google LLC (“Google”). Google utilizes the Data collected to track and examine the use of stevenorechow.me, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the Data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
In Google Analytics 4, IP addresses are used at collection time and then discarded before Data is logged in any data center or server. Users can learn more by consulting Google’s official documentation. Personal Data processed: device information; number of Users; session statistics; Usage Data.
This type of service helps the Owner to manage the tags or scripts needed on this website in a centralized fashion.
This results in the Users’ Data flowing through these services, potentially resulting in the retention of this Data.
Google Tag Manager (Google LLC)
Google Tag Manager is a tag management service provided by Google LLC.
Personal Data processed: Trackers.
Traffic optimization and distribution
This type of service allows stevenorechow.me to distribute their content using servers located across different countries and to optimize their performance.
Which Personal Data are processed depends on the characteristics and the way these services are implemented. Their function is to filter communications between stevenorechow.me and the User’s browser. Considering the widespread distribution of this system, it is difficult to determine the locations to which the contents that may contain Personal Information of the User are transferred.
Cloudflare (Cloudflare Inc.)
Cloudflare is a traffic optimization and distribution service provided by Cloudflare Inc.
The way Cloudflare is integrated means that it filters all the traffic through stevenorechow.me, i.e.,
The rights of users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their data processed by the owner. In particular, users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time: Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their data: Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their data: Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification: Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their personal data deleted or otherwise removed: Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their data and have it transferred to another controller: Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint: Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where personal data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.Users must know that, however, should their personal data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the owner is processing personal data for direct marketing purposes, users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise user rights can be directed to the owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the owner as early as possible and always within one month.
Additional information about data collection and processing
The user’s personal data may be used for legal purposes by the owner in court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this website or the related services.
The user declares to be aware that the owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Additional information about personal data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, stevenorechow.me and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with stevenorechow.me (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
This website has support for “Do Not Track” requests. To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honour the “Do Not Track” requests, please refer to the cookie widget.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
Definitions and legal references
Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information — including a personal identification number — allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
Information collected automatically through stevenorechow.me (or third-party services), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by the Users who use this website, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server’s answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (Eg. the time spent on each page within the website) and the details about the path followed within the website with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the user’s IT environment.
The individual using this website who, unless otherwise specified, coincides with the data subject.
The natural person to whom the personal data refers.
Data processor (or data supervisor)
Data controller (or owner)
The natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data, including the security measures concerning the operation and use of this website. The data controller, unless otherwise specified, is the owner of this website.
The means by which the personal data of the user is collected and processed.
The services provided by this website as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this website.
European Union (or EU)
Unless otherwise specified, all references made within this document to the European Union include all current member states to the European Union and the European Economic Area.
Cookies are trackers consisting of small sets of data stored in the user’s browser.
Tracker indicates any technology – Eg. Cookies, unique identifiers, web beacons, embedded scripts, e-tags and fingerprinting – that enables the tracking of users, for example by accessing or storing information on the user’s device.
Latest update: October 07, 2022